Sunday, July 17, 2011

Florida

I've been to Florida once.

In November 1996, I flew to West Palm Beach, FL, to meet a man whom I had met on the Internet. He lived in Boynton Beach, FL, at that time. Right after I left Floriday, he moved to New Jersey.

On Friday (my first full day in Florida), he and I drove from Boynton Beach to Fort Lauderdale, FL along Route A1A. We drove through the cities of Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, Deerfiled Beach, and Fort Lauderdale. We drove over inlets at Boca Raton and Pompano Beach. In fact, we stopped at the one in Pompano Beach. We stopped at some of the beaches along the way, such as Deerfiled Beach (walked up on the pier there) and Fort Lauderdale (walked along some of the beach there). While in Fort Lauderdale, we stopped and walked around Sawgrass Mills Mall®, Florida's largest retail and entertainment center.

On Saturday, we drove to Miami, FL. We drove to and around Pro Player Stadium®, which is home to both the Miami Dolphins and Florida Marlins. We drove to Miami Beach. We walked the beach for a little ways. We stopped at ate a restaurant in Miami Beach. We drove over the Rickenbacker Causeway bridge to Key Biscayne Island. We drove thru part of Miami where Planet Hollywood® is located. We drove back to downtown Miami and walked around Bayside Marketplace for a bit.

On Sunday, we drove from Boynton Beach to Jupiter, FL. We walked in the surf at the beach in Boynton Beach. The water was warm. We drove thru West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Riviera Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Singer Island, and Jupiter.

On Monday, (my last full day in Floriday), he took me to the Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge. I saw a few alligators and other animals. It was a fascinating area to visit. The only thing that I didn't like was being near the alligators. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment